Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Dog Cookies

Hey there! It's a another beautiful day down south. I love living here! I'm so excited that Halloween is coming up, because it's my second favorite holiday. I love love trick-or-treaters, and I love dressing Effie up, too! So that got me to thinking... We always think about human trick-or-treaters, but we never think about our furry friends. So, I came up with the perfect Halloween treat for that special fur ball in your life - Pumpkin Dog Treats (or cookies)!


Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats via @cupcake_n_bake #pumpkin #dogtreats #homemade


If you read my earlier post, you know that our puppy, Effie, recently had a life threatening illness. We have had to completely revamp the way we feed her. She can't have any store bought treats. We have to closely monitor her fat intake, so she has special dog food. I'm also working on some homemade dog food. I've been researching the types of foods she can have, and I came up with the perfect treats for her!

Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats via @cupcake_n_bake #pumpkin #dogtreats #homemade

Not only is the recipe very simple, it's also super healthy. Pumpkin provides great nutritional value for dogs. Plus they aren't processed like so many commercial dog treats. Oh, did I mention they cost less, too?


Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats via @cupcake_n_bake #pumpkin #dogtreats #homemade

While I was baking these, I was so excited! I was texting Hubby about how "the cinnamon is really gonna take these up a notch". No kidding. Hubby thought that was hilarious, because he knew I was being totally serious. Then, when he got home he commented on how good the house smelled.  I pointed out to him that he could eat these too. I mean, all of the ingredients are normal human ingredients. These are just dog-friendly people cookies. :)

Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats via @cupcake_n_bake #pumpkin #dogtreats #homemade

Effie, of course, somehow knew I making these for her. She must have like a sixth sense or something. I don't know, but she was super excited. I'm actually really shocked I managed to get her to pose for that picture for me. 

Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats via @cupcake_n_bake #pumpkin #dogtreats #homemade

I really wasn't sure if Effie would like pumpkin, but I had nothing to worry about. She absolutely  loved them! I've already decided that I'm going to experiment with this more, so look for more healthy treats coming your way! Also, I've already gotten requests for orders, so If you'd like some, click the email me link in the side bar!

So, again, don't forget about your furry family member this holiday season. They need treats too!

Let me know what you think in the comments!

 photo signature.jpg
Pumpkin Dog Cookies

by cupcake-n-bake
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: bake
Ingredients (16 cookies)
  • 2 cups or more of quick oats
  • 1 8oz can of pure pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup or less of water
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 F
Empty pumpkin into a medium sized bowl.
Stir in oats.
Add egg and water.
Stir really well, until egg is thoroughly mixed.
Add cinnamon and mix well.
Line a cookie sheet, and add mixture in teaspoon sized medallions.
Bake at 325 F for 20 minutes
Powered by Recipage
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. Our dedicated staff is committed to constructing the modern fashioned boxes that will elevate the overall experience of buyers, luring your customers towards the product. Pack the Custom cupcake boxes in beautiful boxes; showcase the bakery items to the cake lovers and compel them towards the sale. Our latest machines and trained designers will add the most stylish features on the custom boxes, elevating their appearing and attraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Superb blog and outstanding design.gable boxes

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.