Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Inspired

So it's actually fall now, and boy does it feel like it. There's nothing like being able to wear long sleeves and shorts, love it! Long sleeves and shorts are second in comfort only to hoodies. I love hoodies, although I would say I'm more of a summer girl. Anyways, back to the post.

I know I haven't posted in a while. Actually I've been sort of MIA on the social media circuit, as well. I've been rather busy. I know that's not an excuse, but hey, a girl's gotta work.

Despite my long absence, I did make time for cookies. And guess what, they are fall inspired!

Candy Corn Cookies for Fall via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #halloween
To tell you the truth, I'm not really a candy corn fan. I mean, it's edible, but I'm not going to go out and buy some. Nevertheless, I think candy corn is the essential fall candy. I also think it is cute. I've been browsing the blogosphere, and I've seen candy corn everywhere. I've seen candy corn banners, candy corn rice krispies, even candy corn goodie bags. So why not sugar cookies?
Here's what you'll need:
Your favorite cookie recipe
Orange and Lemon Yellow food coloring
egg shaped cookie cutter
small knife
Ready to learn?
Candy Corn Cookies for Fall via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #halloween
Roll out your dough, and, of course, use your egg cookie cutter to cut the shape of your cookies. I squeezed mine a little, so it wouldn't be too egg shaped. 
Then, you'll want to section off pieces. The tip should be a little smaller that the other portions, and the bottom should be the largest.
After you section it, set the separates aside, keeping like sections together.
Candy Corn Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #halloween
Color each of your sections with your food coloring. The middle section should be orange and the bottom is yellow. You can also switch it up a bit, though. I've seen "autumn mix" candy corn. It's got brown, orange, and other fun autumn colors. 
When your coloring, use rubber gloves if you have to. Also, you're going to have to re-section the pieces. To do this, I just used a knife and cut sizes that I thought I would need. I used my tip piece to give myself an idea. 
How To: Candy Corn Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake
Next, you'll attach all your pieces. I basically just sat them really close to each other and hoped they would attach in the oven. It might be a good idea to use your rolling pin to combine each section.
Candy Corn Cookies for Fall via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #halloween
Bake the cookies, and let them cool. Then you can dig in! 
Aren't these fun? I mean not only are they very festive, they are also easy to eat. Sometimes, I don't want a whole cookie. That's why these are perfect. They are sections, so you can just break off a section and eat it. Because of the sections, I wanted to call these puzzle piece cookies. They just seem like puzzle pieces to me. And, now I'm rambling. Sorry about that!
Candy Corn Cookies for Fall via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #halloween
Anyways, I hope you like the cookies. Happy Fall, and I hope to hear from you!

Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments :

  1. These are freakin' adorable. Nwe follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these look absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, and thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting on Saturday Show and Tell! I hope you'll be back this week with more!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are so cute!! I love them. You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing again this week at A Bouquet of Talent. :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a thoughtful comment. I'm happy to attend your parties!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely adorable! They look pretty yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renea,
    These are the cutest cookies. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debi, you are so sweet. Of course I'll attend.

      Delete
  8. These are just too cute, I know they are also yummy! thanks for linking up at Heavenly Treats Sunday you are being featured, make sure to come back tomorrow and get your featured button!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.