Thursday, October 25, 2012

Boo!

Ok guys, this is my last Halloween post of the season. I'm so sad about that because Halloween is my second favorite Holiday. However, I do have an order coming up that will be a great post for next year. But, that's for another time. Let's get to this post ;)

Mini Ghost Cakes via @cupcake_n_bake #Halloween

Yesterday, I made a Ninja Turtles cake (post to come next time). Turns out, I had some extra cake, and I preserved it nicely. I was able to make a few mini cakes out of it, and I decided to make them a little spooky.

Mini Ghost Cakes via @cupcake_n_bake #Halloween

I used a little Casper cookie cutter that someone picked up for me at a yard sale. 50 cents - score! I just used it like I would if I were making cookies, except the cake was a little too thick. I had to work a little harder to get it all the way through.

Mini Ghost Cakes via @cupcake_n_bake #Halloween

I originally wanted to slice it to make it two layers, then just ice the middle, but I decided against that. So, I used white icing to coat the top. I'm not a huge icing fan, so this was perfect for me. I gave the icing some waves to make it look like the ghost was flowy. 

Mini Ghost Cakes via @cupcake_n_bake #Halloween

I added some black eyes and an "O" shaped mouth to give it a ghost effect. This way, they are spooky and cute at the same time. I wasn't sure how ghostly they would look, because, to be honest, I wasn't sure if I really believed the cookie cutter was a ghost. I'm convinced now. 

Mini Ghost Cakes via @cupcake_n_bake #Halloween

Mini cakes are the perfect size for a snack, and hey, you can't have Halloween with a few ghosts. Am I right?

Happy Halloween yall!

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. So cute!! Makes me wish I had more cookie cutters so I could make fun little treats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have very many cookie cutters either, but I make do with what I have.

      Delete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.