Friday, May 4, 2012

Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl French Toast


This week, I decided I wanted some French Toast. It just so happens, we had purchased some Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl bread on impulse while at the grocery store.
This bread is great plain, with butter, with Nutella, and with peanut butter. So, I thought it must be great as French Toast. Boy, was I right!

Here's what you need:

Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread ( stale or fresh, I prefer stale)
1 egg per every 2 slices of bread
2 tablespoons of milk for every egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
Powdered sugar (optional)
Syrup (optional)

Directions:

Turn the oven burner on hi (personally I used 8). Use butter, PAM cooking spray, or olive oil to grease the pan, and let it heat up on the burner.

Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Soak the bread in the mixture until evenly distributed.

Fry the bread until brown; this shouldn't take too long. Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, or both. If you like, you can add more cinnamon to taste.

You may also want to add a side item such as bacon, sausage, or strawberries.

There you have it: Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl French Toast

Enjoy!

Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com

1 comment :

  1. I usually add cinnamon to my egg mixture when making French toast. I like to use the sweet Hawaiian bread.This is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.