Thursday, July 5, 2012

Peaches + Cream Cupakes


This week, I decided to make Peach Cupcakes. These were intended for our Independence Day festivities. I'm not a big fan of peaches, but my hubby loves them.




The best peaches to buy are from your local Farmer's Market or Flea Market. We, however, got some pretty great ones at the local grocery store.

These were very soft. I sliced up six peaches, then peeled the skin off of them. My hubby prefers to eat the skin, but he informed me (a non-peach eater) that a lot of people don't like the skins, hence the peeling.


I then put the slices of peach in the food processor, and pureed them up.


I usually use a boxed cake mix; because, well, they are easier and taste just as good, in my opinion. White cake is perfect for alterations or additions.


Just mix the cake exactly as the box says, then add you peach puree. While the cupcakes are cooling, mix up your frosting. I used a whipped cream frosting with cream cheese as the base.

The middle will sink a little, but I sort of like that. This gave me the option to ice a little or a lot. It also allowed for a kind of surprise center. Trust me, cupcake eater like surprises.


Chill these in the refrigerator; and Viola, Peaches and Cream Cupcakes. Enjoy!
Print this Recipe Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. No way cake mix is as good as homemade if you have a good recipe. We love peaches at this house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.