So, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Krista from A Handful of Everything. Thanks a bunch, Krista!
I got really excited, then I got really curious. What the heck is a Liebster Award? So, I searched the web, and I found Sopphey's Blog. She did a whole blog post on the origin of a Liebster Award. In truth, it's not really an award. Basically, it's a nice way to let your fellow bloggers know that you love their blog, and you want to help spread the word about it. So, I'm game!
The rules, as I found out, have changed a bit since the award was originally thought up. You used to nominate 5 people, share 5 facts, answer 5 questions, and think of 5 new questions. Now, it has progressed to 11. I'm thinking 11 is a little too much for me, so I'm going with the originally (although I will answer all 11 questions Krista asked of me).
5 Random Facts about me:
1. I have a Business degree from the University of Alabama.
2. I have a mild form of ADD, and I randomly forget what I was doing or wander off.
3. I married one of my best friends.
4. I think of my dog as if she is a child.
5. I hate to clean.
11 Questions from Krista @ A Handful of Everything
1. What is your favorite color? - It's a tie between orange and pink. I gravitate towards pink things, but I love the brightness of orange.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? - I'm pretty much living the dream right now. I guess I might want to have a few kids at some point, but for now I'm good with being a housewife.
3. If you were to recommend a book to a friend what book would it be? - I would recommend the Pretty Little Liars series. I know it's about teenagers, but it's so suspenseful.
4. What is your favorite holiday? - Christmas. I love decorating, baking, and wrapping gifts. I don't even care if I get anything.
5. Who is your hero? - My grandmother, because she is such a strong woman. She raised five kids all by herself, and they all turned out great.
6. Who are you most proud of? - My husband. He worked so hard to get through college, and he is now supporting us.
7. I have the hardest time completed (fill in the blank). - I have the hardest time completing the laundry. I hate folding and hanging up clothes.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, and money was not an issue, where would you go? - I would go to Italy. I'd like to see Rome and Venice.
9. What is your favorite pizza topping? - Pepperoni. Hey what can I say? I'm a pretty simple girl.
10. What is your fondest memory? - When I was in 2nd grade, my dad checked me out of school for absolutely no reason and took me to the park. BEST DAY EVER!
11. What is your favorite movie? - Hmmm that's a hard one. I think I would say The Breakfast Club.
Blogs I'm nominating:
1. Elizabeth from Lizzi's Creations
2. Noreen from Crafty Journal
3. Jon and Ann from Summers Acres
4. Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling
5. Kathie from Sassy Little Lady
5 Questions for You:
1. What is your favorite family tradition?
2. What would your ultimate vacation be?
3. What's your favorite song?
4. If you could meet any actor, who would it be?
5. If you could go back in time, what time period would you visit?