Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Non-Dairy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

So, I've been wanting to go to the farmer's market since we moved here, but the problem is, I don't have a car. Hubby and I decided to go down to one vehicle to save money. He takes it to work during the week, and I pretty much just walk when I want to go somewhere. 

One day, we decided to the flea market, and lo and behold they had a lot of fruit stands. Hooray! I gathered up some watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries. I wanted to buy much more, but I only had $8 in cash. I couldn't wait to start transforming these fruits into something delicious.


 Non-Dairy Strawberry Banana Smoothie #recipe via @cupcake_n_bake #allnatural

My first project was a smoothie. I really needed to get rid of the very ripe bananas I had, so I thought this would be perfect! Plus, It's only 3 ingredients. 

 Non-Dairy Strawberry Banana Smoothie #recipe via @cupcake_n_bake #allnatural

I had a problem while making it, though. I don't own a blender. So, I improvised. My food processor did a great job. It wasn't quite as smooth as a normal smoothie, but it wasn't very chunky either. 

 Non-Dairy Strawberry Banana Smoothie #recipe via @cupcake_n_bake #allnatural

This smoothie was basically my lunch. It would make a great breakfast, too. I actually think you could make it the night before and just refrigerate it. 

 Non-Dairy Strawberry Banana Smoothie #recipe via @cupcake_n_bake #allnatural

This is the first smoothie I've ever made, and I can't wait to try out some different ones. 

 Non-Dairy Strawberry Banana smoothie #recipe via @cupcake_n_bake #allnatural

Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think!

 photo signature.jpg


Strawberry Banana Smoothie

by Renea Hand
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 0 min
Ingredients (1 smoothie)
  • 5 Frozen Strawberries
  • 1 Very Ripe Banana
  • 1/2 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
Instructions
If using fresh strawberries
Remove the stem from the strawberries, and cut them in half.
Rinse strawberries, and place them in a freezer bag.
Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Using a blender, blend together banana, strawberries, and milk.
Drink immediately, or store in a refrigerator until you're ready to consume it.
Powered by Recipage
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. I think it's a GREAT smoothie
    It certainly looks delicious and very tempting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, perfect for breakfast!

      Delete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.